Friday, February 1, 2008

The Final Judgement Part One By David Yates

The Final Judgement
 
As I say in my "Who am I" section, I enjoy composing music, and though I am very much an amateur and had no proper training in this, I have still written quite a lot of Choral Music. The most ambitious of this is an oratorio type work called "The Final Judgement" - as yet only completed to the end of part one. It is written in a sort of quadraphonic fashion! Four three-part choirs to be placed at the cardinal points of the compass; four soloists (SATB) and Organ. The libretto comes straight from sections of the last book of the "New Testament" in the Bible ~ The Revelation of Saint John the Divine. When I will get this finished is anybody's guess, but if nothing else, I am enjoying myself.................................................


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Lastest News From BBC